A. Setting-up Footfall Measurement in The Trade Desk
Below are the steps you need to take to begin measuring in-store visits in real-time:
1. Set up an account with adsquare. If you do not have one, contact your account manager at The Trade Desk and they will help set you up.
2. adsquare will run a feasibility check with locations you want to target, to confirm the required volume needed to provide offline measurement. adsquare will also initiate the tag creation process.
a) In order to set up the tracking tag, adsquare needs the following information from you:
- The advertiser ID from The Trade Desk
- A list of POIs to monitor visits for
- The campaign dates
Please send this information to email@example.com
3. Set up adsquare’s Footfall Measurement in The Trade Desk platform:
a) Select the “Offline Measurement” tab in the Campaign Dashboard.
b) adsquare will appear under Available Vendors. If you select the adsquare card but have not created an offline tag for the advertiser, then you will be prompted to contact your account manager at The Trade Desk.
c) Once the offline measurement tags are created, the adsquare card status will show an exclamation mark icon.
d) Click into the adsquare card to activate. You will see a list of offline attribution tags created by adsquare.
e) Select “Edit Tags” at the bottom of the adsquare card to navigate to the Campaign Details page.
f) From the Campaign Details page, add an additional reporting column, and select the offline measurement tag created for your campaign from the dropdown list. We recommend that you also pick a cross-device vendor for attribution. This will allow us to look at the attribution window that has been assigned to the campaign and determine where and when we have served a particular user any media.
g) The “Offline Measurement” tab in the Campaign Dashboard will now indicate the number of vendors that are enabled.
h) You can disable offline measurement at any point of the campaign.
4. 24 hours after impressions begin to run, data becomes available in your "My Reports" dashboard. Visitation data is delivered to The Trade Desk platform on an hourly basis. Now you’re ready to uncover actionable insights in "My Reports" to optimize your campaigns and drive in-store foot traffic.
B. Cross-device Attribution
Cross-device attribution is available for adsquare’s Footfall Measurement in The Trade Desk platform. When setting up a campaign as described above, we recommend that you pick a cross-device vendor for attribution. This will allow The Trade Desk to look at the attribution window that has been assigned to the campaign and determine where and when media - beyond mobile devices - was served to a particular user.
C. Reporting in The Trade Desk Platform
adsquare measures footfall traffic metrics, which are available at the campaign, ad-group, and log level. Data becomes available 24 hours after impressions begin to run, and all metrics are customizable in My Reports. Conversions flow into My Reports hourly, making it easier than ever to glean actionable insights and optimize towards offline metrics in real time.
Metrics are available in My Reports at the same level of granularity as your digital campaigns. View offline conversions by:
- Site or Site Category
- Supply Vendor
- Day of Week
- Device Type
- Ad Group
- Time of Day